Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Quite the Blue Sky

This morning I struggled getting my lazy butt up to go run. I knew the weather was going to be warm so I set my alarm clock to 8 am. Obviously I didn't get up until 9ish. I got up and went for a first run in a long time in my town. It was also my first time roaming my little town. I ran from my apartment to work. It took about 20 minutes to get there. I stopped and took photos along the way.

I was so happy to finally run and feel alive! Not only that I was able to see a nice blue sky though it wasn't a fully blue sky since there's so much yellow dust in the air. I roamed around my town selling live sea animals, vegetables, accessories, and fruits. Fruits here are ridiculously expensive! But I'd have to admit it's so ridiculously delicious! A box of strawberries is about $6-7, but they're beautifully red, large, and sweet. A mango is about $6, yea and that's only "A" mango.

I still had a bit of time before work, and because I was running out of food. I've literally been living the college life of eating ramen noodles every single day. Its been quite sad. So I decided to try a local restaurant. No one in my town knows how to speak English so I just pointed to a sign of a bowl of soup. She came out with an octopus soup. It wasn't too bad, though I wouldn't order it again. I haven't had very very good food yet.

Here are a few snapshots I took while running. I didn't take photos of the markets--I don't want to be seen as a tourist in my small town hehe.









No comments:

Post a Comment