Saturday, March 22, 2014

[MV] Lee Michelle(이미쉘) _ Without you(위드아웃 유)





This video has such a remarkable meaning to it. 이미쉘 (Lee Michelle) is a half Black and half Korean singer in South Korea. Being that Korea is such a homogenous country and so many Kpop stars get plastic surgery. I admire Michelle Lee a whole lot for her originality and ways in loving herself without the social media telling her how she should look.



I've only been in Korea for 3 weeks, but personally I almost found myself getting lost in this state of what being "beautiful" is. Not saying that Koreans are closed-minded. I've been questioned a lot if I'm Korean. I'd answer "No, I'm American" then I get a response "Oh, but you look Asian" I'd have to explain that I'm Asian-American and my parents' background. When you live in a country where you are the majority sometimes you forget to look and learn the outside of other things and the beautiful existence.

1 comment:

  1. wow.i just spent half an hour googling black korean singers hahah. tasha reid and isooni!!

    ReplyDelete