Monday, March 31, 2014

Gyeryongsan Mountain (계룡산국립공원)



These two photos are my favorite captures from my 4 hour solo hiking trip to Gyeryongsan Mountain. It was my longest and toughest hike. This mountain is considered to be one of the smallest mountains to hike. Ha, well I did it! It took me exactly 4 hours. It was a tough one, but I could take up another challenge! If these families especially the ajummas (older women) can do it. So can I! Now I just need the hiking gear and poles. My running shoes definitely didn't cut it. I love how families make hiking a hobby on the weekends. Hiking is very popular here. I mean why not when there's so many mountains? I really wish I could live on the mountain. It makes me feel so free---like a bird. I know so cliche, but it's true. The mountain peak is definitely worth the hike!

Everyone rages about the city life, but I'm very happy to be living in the country side of Sejong--though it's slowly developing. Something about the feeling of being or living near the locals make you feel apart of the culture. My English coworker and I are the only two foreigners. The only pitfall about living in the country is that transportation isn't as convenient, but it still does its jobs someway or another. I'm definitely loving every minute of being here--from having a language barrier frustration to getting your problems solved, getting out of your comfort zone and trying new things alone, not being afraid to ask for help, and simply having the will to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment