Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Laos and its Beauty










I've spoken to many foreigners teaching in Korea about their travel destinations and a lot of them mention southeast asia except for Laos. I understand why Laos is not a very touristy area "yet" though it's slowly becoming one. First, it's not easy to get around Laos because of the narrow, winding, and undeveloped roads. Second, not very many Laotians speak English and other languages. Third, the money system is ridiculously confusing (at least for me). So I can understand why many people bypass Laos. 

I'm happy to say my cousin and I were able to, not just visit Laos, but our family as well. Laos is the most beautiful country! I was very fortunate to have my relative take us up to Phousavahn and Xieng Khuan from Vientianne. Sadly, we weren't able to make it to Luang Prabang. It's nice to know that I was able to visit my parents' ancestor's home country.

In my opinion, the Hmong culture in Laos is the most preserved compared to other countries. I can understand the Hmong-Lao dialect language more than I can understand the Hmong-Chinese dialect language. Not only that, the traditional practices are seen and done a lot more in Laos. That is what I appreciate about the Hmong-Lao. I hope it stays and doesn't fade. 

------Here's a video I compiled from my Thailand and Laos trip in Nov 2013--------









No comments:

Post a Comment