Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Jeju Island





Alright so I'm rewriting this post because I lazily wrote it at the time. 

Jeju Island was my first excursion trip with a group of foreigners. It was very beautiful though the Koreans made it more of a "paradise" than it actually looked. I suppose I'm bias because I've seen better islands such as St. Croix and Hawaii. After all, it is Korea's go to - getaway island paradise. 

I went on this trip alone not knowing anyone. Hey, give me a break. Its only been about 1.5 months for me since I've lived in Korea. I met a lot of great people! I, especially, met a great group of girls who I connected well with.

Surprisingly, I hiked the highest mountain peak in South Korea - Hallasan Mountain (1950 m high). My Korea hiking experience is all backwards. Obongsan mountain should have been my first hike, which was only 262 m high. The Hallasan hike wasn't hard, it was just very long. I definitely think Gyeryongsan mountain (845 m) was a lot harder because of it's steepness and rockyness (if that's even a word?). 

My favorite part on the trip was definitely Sunrise Peak. It only took 20 minutes to get up. The view was just soooooo breathtaking for such a short walk after hiking Hallasan for 6-8 hours!

1st photo: where our beach pension was located in Hamdoek beach
2nd & 3rd photo: Sunrise Peak/Seoungsan llchulbong
4th photo: Oedolgae 

My hallasan hiking photos didn't turn out as well due to the foggy, rainy, and windy weather. Overall, I'm glad I was able to visit Jeju!! It is definitely a must see while in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment